WHITE LIGHT NIGHT ART HOP Mid-City Baton Rouge will be on Friday, November 19, 2010 from 6-10 pm. In the Mid City Art and Design District of Baton RougeClarence's Cajun radio program in Baton Rouge is on Saturdays 7pm-8 on 90.3 FM
WHITE LIGHT NIGHT – ANNUAL FALL ART HOP
Friday, November 19, 2010 from 6-10 p.m.
As fall sets in and the winter season approaches, Baton Rouge livens with increasing excitement as the holidays roll in. This year, the Mid City Merchants will host its premier event, yet again – as expectations for the 2010 White Light Night Art Hop continue to rise. This year’s event will bring thousands to the heart of Baton Rouge for an evening to view local art trends, meet the artists, and jumpstart the holiday season with the fire that only local culture can bring.
White lights have sparkled in Mid City since 1998 and on Friday, November 19, 2010, we expect the finest display ever! The public is invited to view and purchase art in over 30 participating businesses and experience shopping, entertainment, food, and wine. Hop on a shuttle, carpool with friends, or stroll down Government Street from one great art opening to another while enjoying the lights and the excitement. And remember- original art is sales tax free in Mid City!
Last year’s art hop participants included Aladdin’s Lamp Antiques, Arnold & Associates Interiors; Bee Hive & LadyBugs & Dragonflys; The Beverage Store; Bible and Book Center; Bistro Byronz; Bloom; Caffery Gallery; Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises; The Child Development Cooperative; Circa 1857; Coleman Partners Architects; Corks N Canvas; Elizabethan Gallery; Esom Gallery; Fred Heroman’s Florist; Gallery Bohemia; LES Federal Credit Union; Louisiana Office Supply; Margaret Heffron, CPA; Monjunis Italian Café & Grocery; Mosaic Garden; Ragland, Aderman & Associates; Ragusa’s Automotive; Rotolo’s Pizzeria; Rue Cou Cou; Sabai Jewelry Gallery; Superior Grill; Tipton and Associates; and Victoria’s Toy Station.
A list of participating businesses, names of featured artists, a map of the area, and promotional photos will be available soon on the Mid City Merchants website, www.midcitymerchants.org.
Please contact Liz Walker at (225) 924-6437 for additional information or if you would like to feature a participating businesses for an article, as a guest on your show or at a meeting. Sponsorship information for this event is available upon request.
This is located at www.cajunradio.org/midcitywhitelightnightarthopbatonrouge.html
1. Aladdin’s Lamp Antiques (336-0969) 2648 Government St. Kerry Beary, paintings & prints; Katherine Martin, jewelry
2. All in the Bag (454-2676) 2931 Government St. Tiffany Sewell , Brian Baiamonte, Christine Ledoux, Josh Holder, Ruby Rouge, Madeline Subat, Of Moving Colors Contemporary Dance Company
3. Artists Inside Circa 1857 (235-1504) 1857 Government St. Joyce Murphey, Lin Baugardner, Marita Gentry, Julie Dupre Buckner, Maggie Drake, Sally McConnell, Nancy Jean Tuten, Bridgette Harrington
4. The Baton Rouge General Hospital (387-7000) 3600 Florida Blvd. Karen Koprowski, oil, watercolor and latex; Meg Holford, photography
5. The Bee Hive & Ladybugs & Dragonflys (922-9992) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 1A Ben Buehrle, mixed media paintings; Sally Bynum, paintings
6. Bistro Byronz (218-1433) 5412 Government St. Sydney Harkins, photography; Stacey Hennessy, ceramics; Nicole Pelletteri, jewelry; Jill Kantrow, watercolor; Warren Simmons; Joseph Miller
7. Brew Ha Ha! Featuring the Dream Gourmet (923-1923) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 2A Andy Flores, Ashley Savoy, Lisa Redmond
8. Caffery Gallery (388-9397) 4016 Government St. Agnes St. Amand, paintings; Make Steamroller Art in the parking lot with Carl Causey
9. Capital Heights Veterinary Clinic (927-7196) 722 Jefferson Hwy. Michelle Conques, animal art and pet portraits
10. Carco Awards (929-6026) 6633 Government St. Jenn Prochaska, acrylics; Leah McLain, collages
11. Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises & Mid City Market (927-3998) 714 Jefferson Hwy. Jody Kaiser, Sharon Furrate, Joy Petty
12. The Child Development Cooperative (927-3731) 250 S. Foster Dr. Kimberly Levy-Marcelle, children’s art; Art by our Children, various mediums
13. Circa 1857 (387-8667) 1857 Government St. Sally Conklin, Dennis Hargroder, Nathan Logsdon, Sarah Griffith
14. Corks N Canvas (927-7077) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 3A Jennifer LeBlanc, Sarah Conrad, Monika Rogan, Marketa Gautreaux, Priscilla Wagoner, Jenna Holmes, Shelby Kiper, paintings and mixed media
15. Elizabethan Gallery (924-6437) 680 Jefferson Hwy. Carol Hallock, Bali, Felicia Hunt, Janice Evans, Kay Lusk, Darryl Alello, Marianne van der Haar, Terri Kennedy, various mediums
16. Esom Gallery art by Tony Mose (202-6406) 2963 Government St. Tony Mose, Lou Deangelo, Chad Townson, Alex Harvie; Josh Broussard, jewelry
17. Fleur de Lis Pizza (924-2904) 5655 Government St. Lee Reed, mixed media; Jennifer Reed, acrylic
18. Fred Heroman’s Florist (927-6070) 6868 Florida Blvd. Scott Wilson, abstracts; Julia Morgan, photography; Casey Savant, clay
19. Gallery Bohemia (333-2055) 3774 Government St. Pinky Lee Hats, Alex Harvie, TJ Black, Natalie Clay, Stacye Graham, Logan Ford, Hunter Guidry
20. Gerard Furniture & Gallery (926-0250) 7330 Florida Blvd. Terri Dakmak, watercolors
21. Government Street Hardware (343-8705) 2882 Government St. Dody Sandifer, metal sculpture & acrylics; Derrick Patterson, mixed media
22. Insurance Associates of Baton Rouge, LLC (408-3333) 4041 Government St. LA Photography Society; Scott Pellegrin, photographer; Scentsy Wickless Candles; Fusionary Glassworks
23. Jewelry Design Shop (928-4661) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 2B Jeremy Boykins, photography
24. La Carreta Mexican Cuisine (334-9940) 4065 Government St. Therese Knowles, painting & pottery; John Gallagher, photography
25. LES Federal Credit Union (342-8628) Ogden Market Shopping Center Government @ Bedford Claire Major
26. Louisiana Office Supply Co. (927-1110) 7643 Florida Blvd. Anitra Boitreaux, Emily Hayden, Elton Pullet, Carolyn Rodrique, Tammy Ross, Iberville Parish Schools
27. Match Point Tennis & Fitness Boutique (247-9252) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 1C Marie Turner, acrylic on canvas & old windows; Kelly Lachney, jewelry
28. Mid City Redevelopment Alliance (346-1000) Ogden Market Shopping Center Government @ Bedford Claire Major
29. Mind’s Eye Studios: A Community for Artists 5631 Government St. Leanne McClurg Cambric, Brad Jenson, Cody Arnall, Lindsey Maestri, Rodneya Hart & More
30. Monjunis Italian Café & Grocery (231-1595) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 4A Dorothy Guell, Carol Blanchard, Cathy Bennett, mixed media
31. Mosaic Garden (389-0068) 1857 Government St. Julie Nall, gourds; Phyllis Hogan, stained glass; Dawn Long, fused glass; Sheryl Southwick, mosaics
32. Piggly Wiggly (925-1522) 5355 Government St. Douglas Stafford, portrait artist; Matsue Wiles, African art; Andre Armone, oil
33. Ragusa’s Automotive (344-2736) 2714 Government St. Tammy Frazier, oil on canvas, pewter & copper repousse; Antique car show
34. Red Stick CrossFit (348-4291) 3057 Government St. Leslie Todd, acrylics; Halley Dunn, mixed media
35. Rotolo’s Pizzeria (930-7555) 5050 Government St. Saul Brantley, mixed media
36. Rue Cou Cou (343-9722) 1857 Government St. Tanya Dischler, acrylic
37. Sabai Jewelry Gallery (926-7980) 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 9 Lizi Beard Ward, mixed media; Juliet Lockwood, acrylics; Joanne McMullen, jewelry; Philip Guercio, jewelry; Terrie Day, jewelry
38. Superior Grill (927-2022) 5435 Government St. Robert Mercado, acrylics
39. Tipton Associates, APAC (387-0101) 449 Westmoreland Dr. Mixed media showcase featuring Treasure Tolliver, Andre Savoie, Lori Prochaska, Ashley Hawthorne, Josh Peak, Henry Louth
40. Victoria’s Toy Station (924-3632) 5466 Government St. Tara Button
41. Yoga Bliss (400-9926) 1857 Government St. Hannah Lane, fine art; Mary Claire Delony, figurative oil paintings
42. Zeagler Music (923-0769) 7003 Florida Blvd. Raven Patterson, contemporary; Marie Des Ormeaux Centanni, oil on canvas; Cile Bailey, Colleen Doody, photography
Additional info available at www.midcitymerchants.org
Please listen to Clarence's Cajun radio program in Baton Rouge
Saturdays 7pm-9pm on WBRH 90.3 FM
View Clarence's Baton Rouge Cajun and Zydeco Schedule.
Home Site index