Welcome to Clarence's Baton Rouge Bars and Baton Rouge Night Clubs Directory.
Last updated: February 2012 Please send updates to cajunclarence (type the at sign) gmail.com
This is located at
*** Ever been to a Cajun dance? This is your invitation from Clarence. ***
You can view the cajun dance schedule at
DOWNTOWN BATON ROUGE AREA BARS:
Overview of the Downtown area bars:
The really good thing about the nitelife in the downtown Baton Rouge area is is that
the bars and niteclubs are within walking distance of each other. If you are parked
near the 3rd Street clubs, people usually migrate from the Red Star Bar, the
Thirsty Tiger Lounge, the Roux House, The Office, Punchers, Avoyelles on the River / Third Street Bistro,
The Wine Loft, The Vault Wine Bar, Happy's Irish Pub, "600 Main" nightclub, Puncher's, The Office,
and Boudreaux and Thibodeaux's. You can also walk
to Schlittz and Giggles for beer and pizza.
A few blocks away is the Pastime Lounge.
Since the Spanish Moon is a
several blocks away, you will probably need to drive instead of walk to it.
Also, inside Hollywood Casino is a bar called Studio 7.
LSU AREA BARS:
- Boudreaux and Thibodeaux's downtown nightclub features
Cajun, Zydeco and other music style bands at 214 Third St. in Downtown Baton
Rouge (225) 636-2442, free for both upstairs and downstairs, no cover charges
There are 2 bars associated with Boudreaux and Thibodeaux's. One is downstairs and the
other is upstairs with a great balcony overlooking 3rd Street. Upstairs, on the balcony,
the Bourbon Street / French Quarter ambience is always a great place to escape to for a
happy hour cocktail, or as an early meeting place for friends and family before the downstairs
entertainment begins. Downstairs, B&T Live! looks like the fishing camp of Boudreaux and Thibodeaux...it's a
place that everyone can gather. Laid-back, but energetic, the vibe at B&T Live is always fun!
www.bandtlive.com (225) 636-2442
- The Office Bar Downtown is located at
421 Third St., Suite B Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Punchers Sports Bar is a 3,000-square-foot Sports Bar that is located at
421 3rd Street in downtown Baton Rouge.
Open Monday-Saturday 3:00pm to 2:00am.
Happy hour everyday 3:00 to 7:30.... $2 Draft Beer 1/2 Price Wells $5.25 Frozen Drinks (DonkeyPunch and Punch-a-ritas)
Offers Live Entertainment Friday and Saturday. Plenty of big screens w/ HD to watch all
sporting events. Triathlon tournament on Tuesday nights for gaming (Shuffleboard, Punching Bag, and Pool).
website phone (225) 366-6785
- Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar and Restaurant is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 151 3rd Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801 Just opened! Serving the best California - Mexican food, presented in an atmosphere
which captures the flavor of the Southern California coast----a place where good surfing and great Mexican food
have been the tradition. Visit Lucy's at 151 Third Street for a truly unique family friendly dining experience!
website (225) 361-0372
- Schlittz and Giggles (Schlitz & Giggles) is a beer and pizza joint that is
located in downtown Baton Rouge at 301 Third Street,
Baton Rouge, La. 70801. Schlittz & Giggles is located across the street from the
big Coca Cola sign.
website (225) 218-4271
- Lyceum Dean, 124 Third Street,
Great happy hour with sometimes two for one special and sometimes free food.
They also have bands later on weekends.
- The Vault Wine Bar is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 140 Main Street,
Baton Rouge, La. 70801. It is an upscale wine bar. Previously, this was a cool dive bar
called the "Thirsty Tiger". It is downstairs from the Little Village Restaurant.
website (225) 248-6846
- 600 Main is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 600 Main Street,
Baton Rouge, La. 70801. It is at the intersection of Main Street and Sixth Street.
It is a real nice club with a great wood dance floor and upscale comfortable atmosphere.
It features different themes on various nights. On Thursdays, it a disc jockey and dance floor.
On Fridays, 600 Main features
Latin dance with Salsa dance lessons at 9pm and “La Noche Dulce” from 10pm to 2am with disc jockey.
Saturdays features 'Sexy Saturdays' and 'Fashion on Main' featuring Top 40 dancing with a disc jockey.
Club hours are 4 p.m.-2 a.m. Thur-Sat..
website 1 website 2 (225) 389-1166
- The M Bar is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 350 Third Street,
Baton Rouge, La. 70801. It is an upscale Martini Bar.
website?? (225) 381-7784
- The KingFish Lounge is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 201 Lafayette inside the Historic Capital House Hilton Hotel,
Baton Rouge, La. 70801. They have a Jazz brunch on Sundays from 11am-3pm. High Teas on Saturdays from 2-4pm. Half priced martinis on Tuesdays from 5-7pm
website (225) 344-5866
- The Wine Loft features a wine bar that features incredible wine offerings, light
cuisine, fondue and desserts.
It is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 304 Laurel St. (corner of Laurel and Third St.)
in the historic Fuqua Building.
- Red Star Bar is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 222 Laurel Street,
Baton Rouge, La. 70801. It is a small club that is popular with LSU students.
It is open Monday-Friday 4pm-2am and Saturday 8pm-2am.
website (225) 346-8454
- Avoyelles' Cafe is a lounge
and restaurant in Baton Rouge. It is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 333 Third Street.
It has a great atmosphere with wood floors and old brick walls. It tends to be a little more
upscale than some of the other bars in the area.
website (225) 381-9385
- The Roux House features a lounge in addition to a restaurant that serves cajun food.
It is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 143 Third Street. This is the same location that
used to be Swamp Mama's and before that it was M's Mello Cafe.
It is a club that is popular with LSU students. It has added a great outdoor patio that
is really packed on no-rain nights.
website (225) 344-2583
- Happy's Irish Pub features an Irish pub.
It is located in downtown Baton Rouge at 136 Third Street.
website (225) 389-1282
- Tsunami Sushi Restaurant / Lounge has a lounge in addition to the restaurant. It also has a
cool outdoor patio that looks out over the Mississi River. The lounge stays open until around
11pm. It is located in the Shaw Center for the Arts in downtown Baton Rouge about 1/2 block from
the Roux House at 100 Lafayette St. website (225) 346-5100
- Pastime Lounge is a bar and restaurant in downtown Baton Rouge that is located
at 252 South Boulevard. The Pastime Lounge is bar and also serves pizza, poboys and light food.
The Pasttime Lounge is an LSU legend. It is open Mon -Thur from 10am-10pm, Fri from 10am-1pm,
Sat 10am-10pm, Sun closed. website? (225) 343-5490
- The Spanish Moon is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located between LSU and Downtown
at 1109 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. It is a small club that is popular with LSU
students. website (225) 383-6666
- Hollywood Casino Studio 7 bar is located inside the Hollywood Casino downtown at
1717 River Road North. website 709-7777
- Belle of Baton Rouge Atrium Lounge is located at the Downtown Sheraton Hotel at 103 France St
downtown. website 242-2701
- Poor Boy Lloyd's Seafood is located at 205 Florida Street. It is mainly a restaurant,
but it is a popular hangout on Friday nights from around 5pm-10pm. website? (225) 387-2271
- TC Dance Club International is located at 3335 Government St, Baton Rouge
- Houndog's Bar is located at 668 Main Street. website? (225) 344-0807
- "L" Bar is located at 174 South Blvd., Open 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Fri. and Sat.
website? (225) 389-1441
- George's is located at 860 St. Louis Street. website (225) 387-9798
- Downtown Seafood is located at 130 Third Street. website? (225) 346-6440
- Joey's Java is located at One American Place. website? (225) 344-5639
COLLEGE DRIVE AREA BARS:
- Varsity Theatre bar is located in Baton Rouge just outside the North gates of
LSU at 3553 Highland Rd. It is a great bar which host a variety of events. The Varsity has concerts by some of
the biggest names in alternative/rock music. It also features retro, latin and other
dance nights. website (225) 383-7018
- The Chimes is a restaurant and bar in Baton Rouge that is located just outside
the North gates of LSU at 3357 Highland Road. This is a restaurant attached to The Varsity (225)
- Chelsea's Cafe is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 2857 Perkins Road,
Baton Rouge, LA 70808. This night club is popular with LSU Students.
It features live music and good food.
website (225) 387-3679
- North Gate Tavern is a restaurant and Bar in Baton Rouge that is located on
Chimes street at the North Gate of LSU at 136 W. Chimes St. See an article on The NorthGate Tavern
website (225) phone??
- Mellow Mushroom is a pizza joint and bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 4250
Burbank Dr., University View in Baton Rouge 70820.
website (225) 490-6355
- Reggie's in Tigerland is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located near LSU and across
the railroad tracks on Highland road. It is at 1176 Bob Pettit Blvd Baton Rouge, LA 70820
website (225) 757-9555
- Bogie's in Tigerland is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located near LSU and across
the railroad tracks on Highland road. It is at 705 E Boyd Dr Baton Rouge, LA 70808
website ?? (225) (225) 766-4241
- The Caterie is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 3617 Perkins Road on the
corner of Perkin's and Acadiana Thruway right of off I-10.
he Caterie has been around for a long time and has built up a reputation over
the years as a favorite spot. It often features local bands, but the place is a little small.
website (225) 383-4178
- Dublin's in Tigerland is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located near LSU and across
the railroad tracks on Highland road.
website ?? (225)
- Fred's in Tigerland is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located near LSU and across
the railroad tracks on Highland road. It is at 1184 Bob Pettit Blvd.
website (225) 766-3909
- The Tiger in Tigerland is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located near LSU and across
the railroad tracks on Highland road.
website ?? (225)
BATON ROUGE COMMUNITY COLLEGE AREA BARS:
- Walk-On's Bistreaux and Sports Bar is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 3838 Burbank Dr
Baton Rouge, LA 70808. website(225) 757-8010
- Triple A Bar (AAA bar) in Baton Rouge is located just off of I-10 and College Dr at 4715 Bennington
Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70808
This place changes names frequently. Previous bars in this building were: Keybangers,
Elements, Five Star Bar, the original Triple A. It still has the Funny Bone as a separate room
of the club.
website (225) 927-3222
- The Funny Bone is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located just off of I-10 and
College Dr at 4715 Bennington Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70808. This is a comedy club and it is
located inside the Triple A (which used to be Keybangers Dueling Pianos Bar, before that it
was the 5 Star Bar and before that it was Elements).
website (225) 928-9996
- French Quarter Daiquiris is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 5201 Nicholson
Drive in Baton Rouge. Open Mic Night on Thursdays.
2 (225) 769-7486
- The Bulldog is located in Baton Rouge at 4385 Perkins Rd., Baton Rouge, 70808
website (225) 303-9400
- The Caterie is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 3617 Perkins Road on the
corner of Perkins Rd and Acadiana Thruway right of off I-10. The Caterie has been around for a
long time and has built up a reputation over the years as a favorite spot. It often features
local bands, but the place is a little small.
website (225) 383-4178
- Churchill's is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located on Jefferson Hwy.
Churchill's is a cigar bar that is at 7949 Jefferson Highway Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It has a
large selection of wine and alcohol available in the shop at the front of the place and the bar
is in the back. Tends to be an older crowd.
website (225) 927-4211
- Duvic's is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located on Perkins Rd under the interstate.
This place is big on martinis. website?? phone??
- Ivar's Sports Bar and Grill is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located on Perkins Rd at
2954 Perkins Road under the interstate. It is across from Duvic's.
website (225) 388-0021
- The Station Sports Bar and Grill is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located off of college right near I-10.
It is close to Keybangers and located at 4608 Bennington Baton Rouge, LA 70808
website (225) 926-0631
- Clicks Billiards is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located just off of I-10 and
College Drive at 5124 Corporate Blvd. It is a large pool hall. It has lots of games and they have live bands often.
website (225) 925-0806
- Nite Life is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located just off of I-10 and College
Drive. website (225)
- Fox & Hound English Pub and Grille is located just off of I-10 and
College Drive at 5246 Corporate Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
website (225) 926-1444
SHERWOOD FOREST,DENHAM SPRINGS, WALKER AREA - BATON ROUGE AREA BARS - EAST:
- Phil Brady's Bar is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 4848 Government St.
near N. Foster Dr. and near the Baton Rouge Community College.
It has live music and a pool table.
- Red Dragon Listening Room is a entertainment club in Baton Rouge that is
located at 5051 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70806. This is Government St. at Foster Dr. It
sponsors "home" concerts weekly. The concerts take place in a large street level room. The
music genre is varied from week to week.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 939-7783 Located at 5051 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
website (225) 939-7783
- Texas Club is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at 456 N. Donmoor Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70806. This off of Florida Blvd and west of Airline Hwy.
It is a huge bar that has a "coin night" on Thursday where you'll get any drink for
any coin before 11 pm. Texas club is a large place which features a country and dance mix type
of music. website (225) 928-4655
- Superior Grill is a Mexican restaurant and Bar in Baton Rouge that is located
at 5435 Government St. near Jefferson Hwy. It is near the Baton Rouge Community College.
website (225) 927-2022
- Dark Room is an all ages live music, no alcohol, club in Baton Rouge.
The Dark Room features a live bands and a hangout for all ages.
It is located at 10450 Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge, La 70815.
It is located between Broadmoor Plantation Apts. and Autozone/Payday Loans.
See an article on the DarkRoom
website (225) 772-6806
- Rick N' Robin's is a night club in Baton Rouge located at 10920 Mead Road.
They tend to have the "Swamp Pop" music dance crowd. This is at I-12 and Sherwood inside
the Calloway Inn. website (225) 295-3200
- Slippery Pete's is a bar located at 16640 Florida Blvd at Stevendale in Baton Rouge.
2 (225) 275-1919
- Ric Seely's Dance Studio is located at 10776 North Harrell's Ferry Rd., Baton Rouge, La. 70816
website ???? Phone: (225) 928-2788.
SIEGAN / ESSEN / BLUEBONNET AREA BARS:
PERKINS ROAD, GONZALES, PRAIRIEVILLE - BATON ROUGE AREA BARS - SOUTH:
- French Quarter Daiquiris is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at .
5625 Essen Lane in Baton Rouge. It has live music every Saturday night with no cover.
- Rio Cabana is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at I-10 and Siegan Ln inside of
Holiday Inn. website (225) 293-6880
- Cadillac Cafe is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at
5454 Bluebonnet website (225) 296-0288
PORT ALLEN, BRUSLY - BATON ROUGE AREA BARS - WEST:
- Alligator Bayou Bar is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located of I-10 at the old
Perkins/Highland Rd exit where the Blue Bayou/Dixie Landing Amusement Park is. The address is 35019 Alligator Bayou Road
Prairieville, Louisiana 70769. It is only open to the public on Sunday nights from 8pm-2am. At
the I-10 exit ramp, take a left (heading West) on Highland Rd. Go past Dixie Landing and
take a right where the Home Depot is. Take this road for about 1 mile until the road curves
sharply to the left. Instead of going left, take a right and cross over the I-10 interstate.
Take the 1st road on your right. When it turns from pavement to gravel, keep going for about a
block. Aligator Bayou bar is on the left. This used to be out in the middle of nowhere, but now
a lot of upscale neighborhoods built up around it. It is still a cultural experience.
We used to stop in after catching crawfish in Alligator bayou. You still have to walk softly
because otherwise the pool balls will roll on the pool table. I remember the bar being several
feet deep in water after local floods. If you are into picture taking and nature, you can
rent a canoe there and paddle up into Aligator bayou to see some alligators. If you paddle
about 1-2 miles into the bayou, you will come to the remains of an old growth cypress grove
in the middle of a small lake. If you keep going for about another 3 miles, you can take a
cutaway to the right where you can enter Spanish Lake. The pirate Jean Lafitte used to migrate
these bayous to pirate the ships and beat the British.
website (225) 642-8297
- Fred's on the River is located on the Amite River in Prairieville outside of
Baton Rouge. 18158 Rushing Rd Prairieville, La. HWY 42 at the Amite River Bridge
website (225) 622-4884
- Park Place is a bar in Baton Rouge that is located at
1711 S. Burnside Ave in Gonzales, La. It tends to specialize in Karaoke
website (225) 644-8901
- Southdowns Lounge is located at 3605 Nicholson (Hwy 30) in St. Gabriel.
BAKER, ZACHARY - BATON ROUGE AREA BARS - NORTH:
- Couzans Nightclub at Bergerons is located at 760 Lobdell Hwy 415, Port Allen, LA 70767-4146
website (225) 241-4412
- Carmichael's is a bar in Port Allen, La. It is located at 330 Lobdell.
- French Quarter Daiquiris is a bar in Port Allen that is located at
310 S. Alexander (LA-1) in Port Allen.
- Bear Creek Saloon is a bar in Montpelier, La. website? phone?
- Teddy's Juke Joint is a blues club in Zachary, La. It is located at 17001 Old Scenic
Hwy Zachary Louisiana.
OUTLYING BATON ROUGE AREA BARS:
- Whiskey River is located between Baton Rouge and Lafayette
website ??? (???) ???-????
Buddy Stewart's Rhythm Museum 1712 N. Acadian West Baton Rouge
Cedarcrest Lounge 10467 Airline Hwy. 293-4896
Club Remi 4643 Airline Highway 357-8663
Colonel's Club 2857 Perkins Place Baton Rouge 336-1579
Doug’s Pizza 526 California Ave. Port Allen 387-1151
The Palace 4624 Governmant St.
Roxanne's Bar & Grill 826 Oneal LN, Baton Rouge 272-7595
The Vineyard 11914 Coursey Blvd. Baton Rouge 292-4118
OTHER WEBSITES LISTING MUSIC OR DANCE SCHEDULES:
Clarence maintains the
Baton Rouge Cajun and Zydeco dance schedule located at
Please listen to
Clarence's Cajun radio program in Baton Rouge.
Saturdays 7pm-9pm on WBRH 90.3 FM
Clarence needs your help - read
a message from Clarence here.
Request from Clarence: One of my hobbies is running a free cajun accordion loan program. I get a lot of requests to borrow an
accordion from aspiring musicians. If you are feeling generous and would like to support a good cajun cause, how about making
a financial contribution to help me buy another accordion to loan out?
Please read more about it at Clarence's Cajun Accordion Loan Program.
You might also like my other web pages:
Baton Rouge Cajun Dance
Baton Rouge Bars
Baton Rouge Restaurants - Downtown area
Downtown Baton Rouge Events
Baton Rouge Restaurants - Metropolitan area
Baton Rouge Restaurants - Clarence's reviews
Baton Rouge Restaurants - Sushi Bars
Baton Rouge Comedy Clubs
Baton Rouge Movie Theaters
Baton Rouge IMAX Theater and Planetarium